Dribble like Messi Soccer Academy™ is a United States based youth soccer training academy for U5 through U18 boys and girls that trains, builds, develops and improves soccer talents, soccer foot skills, soccer moves, soccer speed skills, soccer goal scoring abilities and develops the next generation of US Players who will play at the highest level of 5 time Ballon d’or Winner, Lionel Messi.
ABOUT PROFESSOR COACH KWAKU AKYEAMPONG, DIRECTOR OF COACHING
Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong is Director of Coaching & Technical Skills at Dribble like Messi Soccer Academy™.
Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong develops soccer talents at the youth level for boys and girls from ages 5 through 18 and is a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and State of Virginia Certified Soccer Coach; and played soccer at the Junior National Level and Youth International level in Ghana and at the University level in Soviet Union (Russia, Ukraine). At the Kiev State University, Soviet Union, Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong was captain for the Ghana team in the yearly Kiev State University Africa Cup of Nation tournaments from 1988 through 1991 and played as striker/midfielder in the Number 7, 9 and 10 positions.
In addition to playing soccer, Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong is an athlete (sprinter) whose best personal time in 100 meters (sprint dash) is 10.1 seconds recorded in 1986 in Moscow, Soviet Union. Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong has also ran a mile in under 5 minutes on numerous occasions and completed a marathon. Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong is a life-long martial artist who practices Taekwondo and is a USA Taekwondo (USAT) Certified Associate Coach.
Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong played for Kiev State University (second best University in the Soviet union) in inter-university soccer competitions across Eastern Europe (Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, East Germany), and Western Europe (England, Belgium, France, Holland and Germany).
Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong has successfully organized and delivered youth soccer training clinics and workshops on Physical conditioning, Speed and Agility, and Stamina/endurance building at the youth levels in soccer camps in the USA, Germany, Russia and Ghana.
TRAINING FOCUS & EXPERTISE
1) Speed, Agility, Balance; Coordination; Endurance, Stamina Building; Athlete Fitness; Decision making, Problem-solving; Leadership; Team Play
2) Principles of Attacking including creating and exploiting space; penetration; depth; mobility; width; improvisation
Attacking role: Player on ball; Supporting Players; Players away from the immediate area of the ball
3) Principles of Defending including zonal defending and man to man defending; pressure; delay; depth; balance; compactness; control; restraint
Defensive role: Pressure; cover; balance; compactness
4) Passing the Ball effectively and efficiently to avoid interception
5) Ball control
7) Running with Ball
8) Turning and Overlapping
9) Shooting the Ball
12) Recovering the Ball
13) Goalkeeping, Shot stopping techniques
14) Developing Strikers, Midfielders and Defenders
15) Developing the “Man in hole” role
16) Counter attacking
17) Creativity & Improvisation Approaches & Strategies
Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong’s Soccer Training Plan for team training follows United States Soccer Federation (USSF), UEFA and FIFA Benchmark/Best Practices:
(2) Small-sided activity
(3) Expanded small sided game
(4) Match/Scrimmage (full game)
As a soccer coach, Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong specializes in Physical conditioning, Speed + Agility, Endurance + Stamina building, Dribbling + Ball Control strategies, Foot skills; Team work and Mental toughness preparation of our youth soccer players.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
/ENCLOSED PICTURE —- 19th MAY 2003 – Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong featured in the Washington Post during 2003 Graduation at George Washington University, Washington DC, USA/
Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong holds three Master of Science Degrees: Master of Science (MS) Degree in Economics from Kiev State University, Ukraine, Soviet Union (1991); Master of Science (MS) Degree in Information Systems Technology from George Washington University, Washington D.C, USA (2003) and Master of Science (MS) in Project Management from George Washington University, Washington D.C, USA (2008).
Professor/Coach Kwaku Akyeampong is a Professor who teaches Project Management, Project Controls, Time Management, Risk Management, and Earned Value Management (EVM) at the EVMi® Earned Value Management Institute® (www.evmi.com) to Senior Managers, Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Project Directors, Executives (CFOs, CIOs, CTOs, CEOs) who work at numerous organizations that include US Federal Government Agencies such as NASA, Department of Defense, and private commercial firms such as HP, Exxon Mobil, Accenture, IBM Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin and numerous more.
GRADUATE EDUCATION/DEGREES EARNED:
- Master of Science (Economics), Kiev State University, Soviet Union, (USSR), 1991
- Master of Science (Information Systems Technology), George Washington University, USA, 2003
- Master of Science (Project Management), George Washington University, USA, 2008
SPORTS TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & LICENCES
- NSCAA Director of Coaching Diploma
- United States Soccer Federation (USSF) National “D” License
- State of Virginia Soccer License
- United States of America Taekwondo (USAT) Associate Coach; Level 1 Coach
- United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Safe Sport & Mental Training for Performance
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- Speed, Agility & Quickness (SAQ) Specialist
- Speed & Explosion Specialist (SES)
- Core Conditioning Specialist
- Track & Field Coach
- Meulensteen Method 200 (Renee Meulensteen, UEFA Pro Licensed Coach is former Manchester United First Team Coach who coached Cristiano Ronaldo, Danny Welbeck and Wayne Rooney)
SOCCER PLAYING EXPERIENCE
- Kiev State University, Soviet Union 1985 to 1991
- Ghana National Team (Youth Squad), Member 1983
SOCCER COACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2016 to present – Athletic and Speed Agility & Quickness (SAQ) Director, Dribble Like Messi Soccer Academy, www.dribblelikemessi.com
- 1991 to present – Director of Soccer Coaching, Little Soccer League Academy
PROFESSOR/COACH KWAKU AKYEAMPONG’s CONTACT EMAIL: email@example.com